Sunday 5 April 2009

bougainvillea in brisbane

One place people have been talking down ever since i have arrived in Australia has been Brisbane. Well, now that I'm here i am going to completely disagree with them and I'm glad i gave it a shot. I have been here only a few days but i really feel at home. To me the city is young and fresh in a way that it seems that its changing, there are lots of new buildings with lots of money is being invested in the city.

The south bank of the river has been developed so well. The winding walkway is semi-enclosed by a beautiful canopy which is draped in bougainvillea and winds its way through the parks and past buildings. On the weekend you will stumble across the lively markets and on a sunny day (almost always in Brisbane!) the city beach will be teaming with activity. If you follow the walkway right along it takes you to the theatre and art galleries. I loved it and so have included some of my photos below.
Below: And of course i was particularly happy because my Brisbane friend let me have a ride on the lovely 'Kenny'.

No comments: